Drive your own car in a lead/follow for 4 laps on the 3.2-mile road course above highway speeds! Individuals and car clubs of all makes and models are welcome.
*subject tax & processing fee
Pre-booking is strongly encouraged. Limited walk-up availability throughout the week.
Cancellations made 7 days or more in advance of the event date, will receive a 100% refund. Laps will run rain or shine. Cancellation due to weather is at the discretion of the NCM Motorsports Park. No refunds will be made after completion of services.
Must be 14 years or older to ride as passenger.
Anyone 17 years or younger must have guardian present to sign the minor waiver on-site.
HIGH PERFORMANCE DRIVER INTRODUCTION – HPDI
The High Performance Driver Introduction is a “101” on track program introducing new drivers to the hobby of recreational performance driving.
Here’s what its about:
- Introducing new drivers to the recreational performance driving.
- Creating a lower cost, lower time commitment program to make it easier for drivers to give the sport a try.
- Breaking down the barriers of entry to the sport by keeping groups small, concentrated, and social.
- Creating more prepared drivers – demonstrating what to expect from a performance driving event, as well as demonstrating what is needed and expected from a driver and their vehicle.
Things covered in the On-Track curriculum:
- Basic car control
- Breaking down the corner – Turn In, Apex, Track Out
- Passing procedures and point-bys
- Corner Stations, Brake Markers, Pit In/Out signs
- Having fun on Track!
Things covered in the Classroom curriculum:
- Learning terms and procedures
- Vehicle tech requirements – What is needed?
- Personal protective equipment requirements – What equipment is required?
- Flags – Why are they there? What do they mean?
- Communicating with your instructor on and off the track
- Basic performance driving techniques
- How to get the most out of performance driving
- This is a bring your own car event
- Convertibles are welcome
- Passengers will not be allowed in Student vehicles
- Helmet rental will be available – however, please bring a helmet if you own one.
- 36 Student spots available
- Any mechanically sound vehicle is invited to participate, sports cars, coupes, sedans, trucks, mini-vans all welcome!
- Instructors will need their own vehicles for the program.
- Check in for the event will begin at 8AM – Drivers Meeting at 8:30am – The program will run from 9a-4pm with a one hour lunch break.
- Contact Matt@motorsportspark.org with any HPDI questions!
HIGH PERFORMANCE DRIVER EDUCATION – HPDE
Fee $499-575 per Instructed / $450-525 per Solo
If you want to learn, practice and apply advanced car-control skills, then the NCM’s High Performance Driver Education (HPDE) school is designed for you. This intense program is led by highly-trained classroom and certified in-car instructors and teaches vehicle dynamics, car control, cornering, braking and driving fundamentals in the classroom and on the track.
Please note: Convertibles MUST HAVE SCCA legal rollover protection to participate in HPDEs (not required for touring option). Before registering any convertible, please submit an email to email@example.com.
Learn from the Pros
Whether you’re a serious automobile enthusiast or a first-time driver, this planned state of the art, multi-function driving facility will have a program to fit your needs. In a very short time, you will find yourself driving better, smoother, faster and safer than you ever thought possible.
NCM Hosted HPDEs
The National Corvette Museum has been hosting high performance driving events around the country since 2004 including Virginia International Raceway, Sebring, Autobahn and Thunderhill.
Our HPDE events have three student run groups: Novice, Intermediate, and Advanced. There is also an instructor group. Classroom sessions take place for HPDE.
Guest Rides and Event Activities
The Motorsports Park will be in use during many National Corvette Museum events, offering opportunities for event attendees to have sessions on the track. Additionally, guest rides in special vehicles and with experienced drivers will also be available.
The NCM Insurance Agency now offers On Track Physical Damage Coverage for the vehicles that you wish to use on most tracks across the country. This insurance policy provides physical damage coverage for your automobile while you are participating in a High-Performance Driver’s Education event. This physical damage coverage will begin when you enter the grounds of a race course and end when you leave the race course premises. Liability coverage is not included in this policy.
To learn more, visit http://www.ncminsurance.com/hpde.
Become a member of the Driving Club at NCM Motorsports Park, and benefit from the exclusive use of what has quickly become a modern legendary road course in North America. Whether that be driving your sports, classic or high-performance car, all makes and models of cars are welcome! Drive for 8-minutes, or 8-hours in a day – the choice is up to you! No RSVP is required for Driving Club days, simply present your Member ID Card upon arrival.
Auto-X by NCM is a straight up Autocross program for folks who just want seat time. No classes, course working or trophies. Just unlimited timed runs all day!
Rules: All participants must be in a track appropriate vehicle (no Mini-Vans please!), and have a valid drivers’ license. Drivers under the age of 18 must have a guardian present to sign minor waiver. Convertibles are welcome! A helmet, close toed shoes, and long pants are required. We do have a very limited amount of rental helmets that will be available for $25 per day, but we encourage all participants to bring their own. Please be sure that your vehicle is safe for track use, no loose items, battery and wheels all tight and secured, and no leaks of any kind. Unfortunately passengers will not be allowed for speed runs.
King of the Heap
The Mr. Gasket King of the Heap is a multi-discipline team-based race program for “Heap” cars valued at $1,000 or less. KOTH consists of an autocross and 1.1-mile track time trial. To register, click on the button(s) below.
Want to get your motorcycle on track? Register for an upcoming motorcycle event designed with beginners all the way up to advanced riders in mind. Visit the following motorcycle organizations to learn more and register for an upcoming event at our racetrack.
Waivers must be completed on-site for all participants. 17 years and younger must have Guardian present to sign waiver. If Guardian is unable to be present, click on the button below to access the minor waiver.
*Important* Minor release forms completed away from the track must be printed in color, two-sided, and signed by both parents or guardians. Both signatures must be notarized. If there are two parents or guardians, they both must complete the form regardless if they are living together. If one parent or guardian is deceased or physically or mentally incapable of completing the form, then leave the second one blank. Guests will not be allowed to participate without providing the minor waiver completed as specified above.