High Performance Drivers Introduction
One event on February 11, 2023 at 12:00 am
One event on May 5, 2023 at 12:00 am
One event on July 21, 2023 at 12:00 am
One event on September 15, 2023 at 12:00 am
One event on January 21, 2023 at 12:00 am
One event on June 28, 2023 at 12:00 am
One event on August 10, 2023 at 12:00 am
One event on November 17, 2023 at 12:00 am
The High Performance Drivers Introduction is a “101” on track program introducing new drivers to the hobby of recreational performance driving.
Here’s what its about:
• Introducing new drivers to the recreational performance driving.
• Creating a lower cost, lower time commitment program to make it easier for drivers to give the sport a try.
• Breaking down the barriers of entry to the sport by keeping groups small, concentrated, and social.
• Creating more prepared drivers. In other words, demonstrating what to expect from a performance driving event as well as demonstrating what is needed and expected from a driver and their vehicle.
• In addition, it makes for a great car club or group activity!
So how does it work?
The premise of the program will be small, concentrated groups cycling between a Lead/Follow on-track program paired with classroom sessions on what to expect from performance driving events. In addition, it will be teaching basic technique and terms needed for success in performance driving.
Things covered in the On-Track curriculum:
• Basic car control
• Breaking down the corner – Turn In, Apex, Track Out
• Passing procedures and point-bys
• Corner Stations, Brake Markers, Pit In/Out signs
• Above all, having fun on track!
Things covered in the Classroom curriculum:
• Learning terms and procedures
• Vehicle tech requirements – What is needed from a vehicle?
• Personal protective equipment requirements – What equipment is required?
• Flags – Why are they there? What do they mean?
• Communicating with your instructor on and off the track
• Basic performance driving techniques
• How to get the most out of performance driving
• This is a bring your own car event.
• Convertibles are welcome.
• Passengers not allowed in Student vehicles.
• Helmet rental will be available. However, please bring a helmet if you own one.
• There are 32 Student spots available.
• Any mechanically sound vehicle is invited to participate including sports cars, coupes, sedans, trucks and mini-vans.
• Contact Matt@motorsportspark.org with any HPDI questions!
Instructors need their own vehicles for the program. Check-in for the event begins at 8:00am. Drivers’ Meeting is at 8:30am.